Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our six year old

How time flies... Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm a mother of three children, making my own bread to save money and driving a minivan... The last one I tried to avoid for as long as I can but I don't regret it now because it's just so convenient, even if my co-workers are constantly teasing me and calls it my "Mommobile":)
Our little girl turned six last Thursday. She is so excited to be six years old! She Put all of her "little girl" toys in a trash bag and said she didn't need them anymore. She has learned to clean up her room and make it look nice and tidy (finally! not the way I want it but her efforts count) and to play with a few toys at a time so she doesn't get overwhelmed when it's time to put them away. She's not very happy when her brothers play in her room because of the mess they make. I don't blame her:) Kaylee is a very good reader for her age. She's very self motivated when it comes to playing the piano and homework. Her piano teacher is so impressed with her progress. she's moving up to level II.
Lately, she has been writing and drawing stuff that she did during the day, like pictures of her practicing the piano, walking with our neighbor to school, doing morning work at school, and her favorite, " me and my cousin Hannah playing at the park". I thought it was cute so we made a file for her favorite drawings. When asked about what she wants to be when she grows up, she said: "I want to be a Nurse so I can take care of sick people just like mama".



We invited mom Rochelle to celebrate her birthday. The kids had a great time playing I SPY with grandma and Ricky.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These are some pictures of the kids we've taken recently.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We can't wait to lick!
Photobucket
Caleb falls asleep at the bottom of the stairs
Photobucket
This time at the top of the stairs. Today,we found him sleeping in the bathroom:)
Photobucket
Found these two eating lemons
Photobucket
This is what happens Ethan when you try to drink from daddy's water bottle without asking for mommy's help

3 comments:

Lisa C said...

I was waiting for a birthday update! Happy birthday Kaylee!

Anonymous said...

Sooo precious!! Happy birthday Kaylee! 6 years has gone by so fast. :)

Holly Mayer said...

sounds like Caleb sleeps like his daddy.