I woke up yesterday still tired from working thursday night but I decided to force myself out of the house and take my children out to lunch, all three of them. They were so excited, they helped clean the house and put the dishes away. (Wow! pretty good start of my day already). Normally, I get stressed out going out with them because they're a handful sometimes. But that day I decided, who cares if they don't don't behave, have melt-downs, or fight each other even... I was determined to clear my head and keep my cool in case things gets out of control. Well, lunch turned out great. We made fun of each other while we ate and passed with flying colors. We then went shopping at Wallmart. Ethan and Caleb got off the cart and played hide and seek... I got down to their level and talked to them. I can't remember what I said but my patience paid off and they were back in the cart. Again I was happy with myself. Not bad right? I felt like a supermom I decided to take them with me to Costco after that. They weren't perfectly behaved at Costco but I survived that as well. When we got home I asked them to jump on the trampoline while I cleaned my car(I must agree that the trampoline is a great investment. They play there for hours!)I was able to clean my car (vaccuum and steam clean, it was spotless! And I cleaned my garage! Josh was very proud of me. These are small accomplishments that makes me happy:)
Today, I did more for myself. I rran the treadmill and they played tennis, went home and took a two hour nap with Ethan, made cookies with the kiddos and now I'm relaxed and even have time to blog. I have a book to read after this so I AM GOOD!

I am so happy we bought this

A great way to use all that energy!

My latest knitting project! I finally made a hat for myself. This is a copy of Hermione's hat in the Harry Potter movie ( number 6 I think) The Half blood Prince. I just finished reading the books few weeks ago and loved them! Can you tell?
1 comment:
Way to go, Ellie! It's gotta be hard getting out with three young children!
I think we need a trampoline, too, Michael has so much energy! But I don't think we have room for one...
I love the hat. I just finished the last book a few weeks ago, too. I LOVED them!
Post a Comment